All About Jokes

A place to laugh with all kinds of jokes.

website promotion

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Joke No. 213

The Landing Strip

I was inspecting communications facilities in Alaska.
Since I had little experience in flying in small planes,
I was nervous when we approached a landing strip in
a snow covered area. The pilot descended to just a
dozen feet, then gunned both engines, climbed, and
circled back. While my heart pounded, the passenger
beside me seemed calm.

"I wonder why he didn't land," I said.

"He was checking to see if the landing strip was
plowed," the man said.

As we made a second approach, I glanced out the
window. "It looks plowed to me," I commented.

"No," my seat mate said. "It hasn't been cleared for
some time."

"How can you tell?" I asked.

"Because," the man informed me, "I'm the guy who
drives the plow, and I have been in Hawaii for two
weeks."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website promotion